High-performance, anti-efflorescence, non-irritating quick-setting and drying polymer-modified mortar with water-repellent DropEffect® and mould- resistant BioBlock® technology for grouting joints from 2 to 20 mm wide.
WHERE TO USE
Internal an al grouting of floors and walls in all types of ceramic (double-fired, single-fired, klinker, porcelain, etc.), terracotta, stone material (natural stone, marble, granite, agglomerates, etc.), and glass and marble mosaic. Some application examples
• Grouting floors and walls in areas subject to intense traffic (airports, shopping centres,
restaurants, bars, etc.).
• Grouting floors and walls in residential areas (hotels, private houses, etc.).
• Grouting floors and walls on façades, balconies, terraces and on swimming pools.
Ultracolor Plus is a mortar formulated not to be irritant made up of a blend of special hydraulic binders, graded aggregates, special polymers, water repellent admixtures, organic molecules and pigments.
With Ultracolor Plus, the Ultracolor technology is based on a special, self-hydrating hydraulic binder which guarantees perfect colour uniformity, by two innovative technologies which are the result of MAPEI research: BioBlock® and DropEffect®.
BioBlock® technology consists in special organic molecules which, by distributing themselves evenly in the micro-structure of the joints, block the formation of micro-orga mould damage. The DropEffect® technology, with a synergic effect, reduces the absorption of surface water. When it is mixed with water in the proportions recommended and correctly applied, Ultracolor Plus forms a grouting mortar with the following characteristics:
• water-repellent and droplet-effect;
• uniform colour and free of staining since Ultracolor Plus does not produce efflorescence. From an analysis carried out using an electronic microscope (SEM), note that, compared with a Portland cement-based binder in a normal cementitious grouting mortar, the special cements in
Ultracolor Plus do not generate the calcium hydroxide (hydrolysis lime) crystals during the hydration process, which cause efflorescence;
• colours resistant to ultra-violet rays and atmospheric agents;
• short waiting time before cleaning and easy finishing;
• ready for light foot traffic and for use after a short period of time;
• smooth, compact finished surface, with low water absorbency for easy cleaning;
• shrinkage compensated, therefore free from cracks;
• optimum resistance to abrasion, compression and flexural strength, even after freeze/thaw cycles,
and therefore optimum durability;
• good resistance to acids with pH > 3.