One-component, high-performance, flexible, lightweight, cementitious
adhesive with no vertical slip and long open time and extremely high
yield. Easy to apply by trowel with excellent wetting properties, very
low emission of volatile organic compounds for ceramic tiles, stone
and thin porcelain tiles.
WHERE TO USE
• Bonding all types and sizes of ceramic tiles (double-fired,
single-fired, porcelain, klinker, terracotta, etc.) on uneven
internal and external substrates, without having to even
out the surface before fixing.
• Bonding all types of mosaic on internal and external
surfaces even in swimming-pools.
• Bonding natural stone on internal and external surfaces
(for stone which is stable and not sensitive to humidity).
• Bonding thin porcelain tiles on floors and walls, including
Some application examples
• Bonding ceramic tiles (double-fired, single-fired, porcelain, klinker, ceramic and glass
mosaic, etc.), stone (if stable in damp environments) and thin porcelain tiles on conventional
substrates, such as:
– cementitious and anhydrite screeds (after preparation and applying a suitable primer);
– heated screeds;
– cementitious render or lime-mortar render;
– gypsum-based plaster (after applying a suitable primer);
– plasterboard, pre-fabricated panels, cement-fibre panels;
– waterproofing membranes Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart, Mapelastic Turbo, Mapelastic AquaDefense
and Mapegum WPS.
• amic and natural stone on old floors
n ceramic, marble, etc.).
• Laying on marine plywood, wooden agglomerates and old, stable wooden floors.
• Laying ceramic and natural stone on balconies and terraces and paving slabs exposed
to direct sunlight and thermal gradients.
• Laying on prefabricated concrete walls and concrete substrates.
Ultralite S1 is a grey or white powder made from cement, selected graded sand and a high amount of
synthetic resin, with recycled silica micro-spheres which helps to make the mix lighter, according to a special formula developed in MAPEI’s own Research & Development laboratories, as a contribution towards a sustainable building industry.
The special technology used to manufacture Ultralite S1 gives it a low density, a characteristic which offers two main advantages:
1) bags of Ultralite S1 have the same volume but weigh less (13.5 kg) than bags of conventional cementitious adhesive (20 kg). This makes for easier handling and savings in transport costs;
2) higher yield: yield is approximately 60% higher compared with conventional MAPEI cementitious adhesives.
Ultralite S1 mix has a low viscosity, which makes it easier and quicker to apply. Inspite of the above characteristics, the thixotropic nature of Ultralite S1 means there is no vertical slip when fixing on walls, even with large-sized tiles. Its excellent back-buttering capability and thixotropic consistency make Ultralite S1 particularly suitable for laying thin porcelain tiles. In fact, the application of Ultralite S1 using the double-buttering technique on flat substrates ensures that there are absolutely no voids in the adhesive.